Sandbaggy Coir Matting
From controlling erosion to stabilizing slopes to protecting waterfront property, our Sandbaggy Coir Matting will get the job done. Coir absorbs water and forms to the contours of the ground; has strong course fibers that trap soil and keep it from washing away; is woven in a mesh pattern that makes it easy to separate and get plant roots through it and into the ground this coming spring; and it decomposes in 2-5 yrs, long enough for multiple seasons. Due to its long life, Sandbaggy Coir Matting is particularly useful in areas where vegetation does not grow well.
Every Sandbaggy Coir roll is manufactured using dry & clean raw material to ensure the best erosion protection. With stringent manufacturing guidelines such as a requirement to have 400 gsm fabric weight across the roll, Sandbaggy Coir Rolls meet or exceed specifications prescribed by the state or federal government for an erosion control product. Be wary of cheaper alternatives that do not meet these specifications.
- Prepare the soil by grading or raking the area free of clods and large stones. A Bobcat or tractor may be needed for large jobs. Do not compact. If using fertilizer, add it to the soil before grading.
- Seeds and Mulch (if required) should be distributed evenly over the prepared soil.
- Coir Netting should be applied by unrolling down the slope or in the direction of water-flow.
- Dig a trench across the top of the slope. This trench should be 6 inches by 6 inches.
- Install the coir netting in the trench. Place at least 12 inches of the roll above the trench (further up the slope). Space each staple about a foot apart inside the trench
- Once staples are installed inside the trench, backfill and compact dirt inside the trench.
- Bring the extra 12 inches of the jute roll (on step 5) and cover the trench area. Use additional staples (1 foot apart) secure.
- Place staples 18” to 24” apart throughout to secure matting to ground. All staples must be driven flush with soil surface.
- Always overlap the edges 2” to 6”. At the end of each roll, fold back 4” to 9” of the matting. Overlap this 4” to 8” over the start of the next roll. Securely staple the two layers to the ground.
Projects Using Coir Netting
Project #1: Backyard – San Diego, CA
Thuan from CA purchased 1 roll of Sandbaggy Coir Mat. Here’s why:
“I chose the Coir Mat for my landscape project. I needed something to control the soil erosion as well as hold the new wood mulch that I’m installing on my sloped side yard. The coir netting is perfect for this and it’s all natural”
Project #2: Home – Escondido, California
Mark F. from California purchased two rolls of Sandbaggy Coir Matting. Here’s what he has to say:
“I selected Coir Mat to secure my hill after the Bobcat fire raced through our canyon and destroyed 17 historic cabins in Sept 2020. I have purchased two rolls for my hill & [they are] easy to install.”
Trust in Sandbaggy Coir Rolls
With Sandbaggy Coir Rolls installed on job sites, steam-banks and hillsides across this great country; trust in Sandbaggy for all your erosion control needs.
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
STOP EROSION IN ITS TRACKS: Have Erosion Problems? Don’t wait till you get fined! Stop erosion immediately using Sandbaggy’s 4 feet wide by 30 feet long or 120 sq ft of Coir Matting
LASTS 2-5 YEARS: While straw blankets and jute netting last 6 months, Sandbaggy’s Coir Matting lasts 2-5 years due to its superb coconut fibers. Once installed, rest assured that your slope will be protected for the next 2-5 years (with or without vegetation)
BEACH EROSION / SHORELINE PROTECTION: Dealing with erosion issues near a ocean, river/stream or lake, Sandbaggy’s Coir Matting is the perfect long-term erosion solution. Do you have constant wave action on your property that is causing erosion? No problem – Sandbaggy’s Coir Matting can be submerged in water and still provide protection.
EASY TO USE AND INSTALL: Just unroll the roll down your hillside or along the shoreline & secure with landscape staples. And you’re done. Your slope is protected from all the winter storms.
100% BIODEGRADABLE AND ECO-FRIENDLY: 100% naturally grown from coconut plants — Sandbaggy Coir Rolls use no synthetic materials and naturally biodegrade on your hill. Zero clean-up. Zero carbon emissions. Zero trash in landfills.