Sandbaggy Jute Netting
From controlling erosion to stabilizing slopes, our Sandbaggy Jute Netting will get the job done. Jute absorbs water and forms to the contours of the ground; has strong course fibers that trap soil and keep it from washing away; is woven in a mesh pattern that makes it easy to separate and get plant roots through it and into the ground this coming spring; and it decomposes in 18-24 month, just long enough for plants to take root. Grown from jute plants, our Jute Netting is 100% biodegradable.
Every Sandbaggy Jute roll is manufactured using dry & clean raw material to ensure the best erosion protection. With stringent manufacturing guidelines such as a requirement of at least 60 strands of twine as well as a 500 gsm fabric weight across the roll, Sandbaggy Jute Rolls meet or exceed specifications prescribed by the state or federal government for an erosion control product. Be wary of cheaper alternatives that do not meet these specifications.
Packaging Protection: Each Sandbaggy Jute Roll is packaged in a large cardboard box to protect jute roll from the elements. Our competitors cut corners by shipping the jute roll with only a minimal amount of plastic wrap.
A Note About Another Jute Listing – Title: Jute Erosion Control Matting – 4’W x 225’L
Please be aware that the listing mentioned above has been compromised by about 10 unauthorized sellers that have zero experience in the erosion control business. Unfortunately, Amazon has been slow to remove these unauthorized sellers from this listing while they are selling a sub-grade product. This listing was previously managed by us (Sandbaggy), which we built up with the many positive reviews you currently see. Since these sellers have taken over the listing, they are not providing our customers with the same quality product. If you decide to order from this listing, just know that it is not the same product that is being advertised.
- Prepare the soil by grading or raking the area free of clods and large stones. A Bobcat or tractor may be needed for large jobs. Do not compact. If using fertilizer, add it to the soil before grading.
- Seeds and Mulch (if required) should be distributed evenly over the prepared soil.
- Jute Netting should be applied by unrolling down the slope or in the direction of water-flow.
- Dig a trench across the top of the slope. This trench should be 6 inches by 6 inches.
- Install the jute netting in the trench. Place at least 12 inches of the roll above the trench (further up the slope). Space each staple about a foot apart inside the trench
- Once staples are installed inside the trench, backfill and compact dirt inside the trench.
- Bring the extra 12 inches of the jute roll (on step 5) and cover the trench area. Use additional staples (1 foot apart) secure.
- Place staples 18” to 24” apart throughout to secure matting to ground. All staples must be driven flush with soil surface.
- Always overlap the edges 2” to 6”. At the end of each roll, fold back 4” to 9” of the matting. Overlap this 4” to 8” over the start of the next roll. Securely staple the two layers to the ground.
Projects Using Jute Netting
Project #1: Ski Resort – Big Bear Lake, California
This photo was taken months after jute installation. As the jute is beginning to biodegrade into the soil, grass is growing through the matting to create a permanent erosion control protection
Project #2: Construction Site – Laguna Beach, California
This jute matting was installed on the outside of a construction site to meet local storm-water regulations (also known as SWPPP in California).
Project #3: RV Park – Malibu, California
Due to the steep slopes near this RV park, jute matting has been installed to prevent erosion onto the street.
Trust in Sandbaggy Jute Rolls
With over 10,000 Sandbaggy Jute Rolls installed on job sites, steam-banks and hillsides across this great country; trust in Sandbaggy for all your erosion control needs.
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
STOP EROSION IN ITS TRACKS: Have Erosion Problems? Don’t wait till you get fined! Stop erosion immediately using Sandbaggy’s Jute Matting.
EASY TO USE AND INSTALL: Just unroll the Jute down your hillside & secure with landscape staples. And you’re done. Your slope is protected from all the winter storms.
100% BIODEGRADABLE AND ECO-FRIENDLY: 100% naturally grown from jute plants — Sandbaggy Jute Rolls use no synthetic materials and naturally biodegrade on your hill. Zero clean-up. Zero carbon emissions. Zero trash in landfills.
#1 BEST SELLER: That’s why Sandbaggy Jute Matting is the #1 Best Selling Erosion Control Product on the Internet
Now to the nitty gritty details — If you’re not familiar with jute, it does have a unique smell. Don’t worry — the smell will go away after the roll is installed and the roll is aired out.