Heavy duty, with UV protection: Our rugged Sandbaggy sandbags are made with thick weaves allowing for heavy-duty applications like sandbagging, landscaping, construction, and building flood barriers. The weave count is 10×10. Our tough, coarsely-woven sandbags can be used for so many different applications. Made with 1600 hours of UV protection, these sandbags can sit under the sun for six months before they begin to breakdown.
Sandbags Filling Tips:
- Fill sandbags ½ to ⅔ full and tie the bag at the top (lay flat when in place). This sandbag should weigh between 35-40 lbs. An overfilled sandbag weighs between 60-75 lbs and will leave gaps which will allow water to seep through.
- Always wear gloves during filling operation to avoid hand injuries and protect from contaminants in sand and floodwater. Safety goggles should be used on dry and windy days. Filling sandbags is physically demanding work and can easily cause back and other injuries if not careful. Always lift with your legs and not your back. Do not reach out, bend over, or twist when lifting.
- Do not throw sandbags – it stresses the back and shoulders. Rather use a brigade line to pass bags
- Use a short handled, #2 rounded point shovel with straight shaft and D grip, bagger scoop or funnel to fill sandbags.
- Remove any debris from the areas where the sandbags will be placed. After placing the sandbag, walk on sandbags to create a tight seal between each bag.
- Sandbaggy sandbags are built to withstand both gravel or sand. Be aware of poor quality sandbags that rupture when filled with sharp gravel rocks.
- Gravel should be filled in sandbag when used as an erosion control device (on slopes). Sand should be filled for flood control needs, whether to protect doors or garage or to divert water. If sand or gravel is not accessible, less effective solutions is to fill the sandbags with backyard soil.
- 1 cubic yard – amount of sand/gravel it takes to fill 75 40-pound bags
Sandbaggy Sandbags – Great for Many Uses
Secure Plastic Sheeting
Whether you need to secure plastic sheeting on the side of a slope to prevent erosion or on the roof of a building to prevent leaks, Sandbaggy Sandbags will keep the plastic in place!
Protect Doors & Garages
Keep your house from flooding by installing sandbags outside your doors and garages
Building Earthbag Homes
Use Sandbaggy Sandbags to build your next Earthbag Home – a truly inexpensive way to build permanent structures
Securing Road Signs
Keep road signs in place with Sandbaggy Sandbags
Also Great for Building Sandbag Walls
Pro tips on building sandbag walls:
- 60 bags – minimum number needed to build a wall that’s a foot high and ten feet long
- A good rule of thumb is to leave at least eight feet between your wall and the nearest building to prevent damage to your building
- Build sandbag wall in a pyramid shape for a sturdy structure
- For additional protection – Add a layer of plastic sheeting over sandbag wall
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
WIDELY TRUSTED: Sandbaggy sandbags are used by many government agencies, landscapers/contractors, and nonprofits including the US Army and Red Cross. They are the #1 best selling sandbags on the Internet, with over 4 million Sandbaggy Sandbags installed across this great country. Whether for hurricanes on the East Coast or flooding in the Midwest, Sandbaggy sandbags have been there every step of the way as the first and last line of defense for the homes and businesses of everyday Americans.
MILITARY GRADE: Used by the US Army, Sandbaggy sandbags are truly military grade (and military green too). With a double stitched bottom and a 50 lb weight capacity, these heavy duty Sandbaggy Sandbags can be filled with sand or gravel. Our sandbags have a 14-inch wide opening, making them easy to fill and use.
UV PROTECTION: Made with a UV Inhibitor that allows sandbag to last 6 months under direct sunlight in hot, sunny places such as California, Florida, and Arizona. In cooler regions of the country, our sandbags can last 6 to 24 months depending on the amount of sun exposure on a day to day basis.
CUSTOMERS LOVE THEM: “These bags did the job perfectly!” – Allan L. “Bags were sturdy, very well made. Would def buy again.” – S. Hoffman. “Amazing sandbags. Ordered multiple times” – Christopher R. Sandbaggy has been in business for more than 10 years. We’re lucky to be able to serve such incredible customers every day to help protect their homes and businesses with sandbag walls, prevent erosion, and ensure temporary signs stay in place to keep drivers safe on the road.
INCLUDES 100 empty sandbags – Fill, Tie and Install – and you’re done!